Clickfunnels is a market-leading funnel builder that integrates with tons of third-party programs and applications. But still many people are wondering, does Clickfunnels integrate with PayPal? The short answer is YES, and in this article, I’m going to explain to you all the possible methods to connect the two platforms.
There are two methods to integrate your PayPal account with Clickfunnels:
Method #1: Through PayPal’s Application Programming Interface Key (API)
Method #2: Through the 3rd Party Product Integration
Connecting the two programs will benefit your business because it will make the entire paying process less complicates for your customers. Clickfunnels allows you to efficiently guide your prospect to the end-goal, which is making a purchase.
The last thing you want to happen is for your visitors to start abandoning your site due to a slow and ineffective payment processor. The paying part is usually the last step of the funnel, and you want to get it right. Paypal is one of the largest payment processors in the world and is the fastest and most secure way to pay online. In simple terms, you want to use it.
This support guide will teach you how to implement PayPal to your Clickfunnels account using the two methods mentioned above and will hopefully help your business in achieving higher conversion rates.
Make sure you have these two things before proceeding:
- Clickfunnels Account
- PayPal Business Account
Integrate Clickfunnels with PayPal: Method #1
In this section of the article, we’ll discuss how to set up PayPal as your payment process using the first method, through PayPal’s API Key. An Application Programming Interface Key (API) is a unique code that gets passed between applications and tells software components on how to interact and work together.
Is this your first time connecting the programs? If YES, then I strongly suggest you go with this method. The entire joining procedure is effortless and can be done in no-time. Follow these simple steps:
- Step #1: Log into your PayPal account and access the Developer Dashboard.
- Step #2: Choose “My Apps & Credential”, from the left navigation menu. Find the REST API apps section and click on the blue “Create App” button.
- Step #3: Fill out the details in the necessary fields. You will need to enter the APP NAME and confirm your developer account. Once done, click on the “Create App” button to proceed to the next step.
- Step #4: Copy and save the Client ID and Secret for your app.
- Step #5: Review your app details and save the app.
- Step #6: In your Clickfunnels account, access the “Account Settings” tab from the username dropdown menu.
- Step #7: Select “Payment Gateways” from the left navigation menu and click on the yellow “+Add New Payment Gateway” button.
- Step #8: Once on the Add New Payment Gateway Page, browse the entire list until you find “PayPal”. You can always make things run faster by typing the name of the platform in the search bar. Once found, click on it to proceed to the final step.
- Step #9: Once on the Add New PayPal V2 Account Page, paste the codes that you previously copied from your PayPal account. Click on the “Create PayPal V2 Account” button to finish the joining process.
You have now successfully connected your PayPal to Clickfunnels through PayPal’s Application Programming Interface Key (API)
If you’re having a hard time connecting the two platforms remember that it is always a good idea to contact the Clickfunnels support team. Their response time is speedy, and they’ll be happy to assist you.
Connect PayPal to Clickfunnels: Method #2
This is the second integration method. Setting up PayPal as your payment processor with this method will allow you to include PayPal buttons in your funnels. This is to set up a 3rd party product and what that means is this method won’t go through API integration setup.
Method #2 will allow you to charge through PayPal for a product set up in your Clickfunnels account, but it will not allow for one-click upsells. You would want to use this method because perhaps you want to run credit cards through another payment processor such as Stripe, but still, want to offer PayPal as an option.
Before you start, you will need two things:
- PayPal Business Account
- Clickfunnels Order Form Page
Step 1 – Creating the PayPal Button
- Step #1: Access your PayPal account and hover the cursor over “Tools” to reveal the dropdown menu. Click on “All Tools”.
- Step #2: If you haven’t set up a button before, you want to click on “Integrate PayPal” from the left navigation menu and pick the “PayPal buttons” option. You might want to favor this to use later by clicking on the heart icon.
- Step #3: You need to decide what type of button you want to set up. Select the one you need, and suits your business needs best to move on to the next step.
- Step #4: Fill out the information by naming your item and entering the Item ID. The Item ID is a unique identifier to make tracking easier.
Step 2 – Adding Products to Clickfunnels
- Step #1: Open the funnel that you want to add the products to. From within the funnel, click on the “Setting” tab.
- Step #2: Scroll to the bottom of the page until you find the 3rd Party Membership Access area. Click on the “Add Product” button.
- Step #3: Name your product and choose “PayPal” from the billing integration dropdown menu. Enter the desired amount and currency.
- Step #4: You can skip the price bump if you want to. This is entirely up to you, but you might want to consider using it if it suits your business needs.
- Step #5: Enter the Cart Product and copy the Webhook URL. Click on the blue “Create Product” button.
- Step #6: Return to PayPal Step 3: Customize Advanced Features. Add the following text “notify_url=” to the Advanced Variables field. Click on “Create Button”.
You have now successfully connected PayPal with Clickfunnels Through the 3rd Party Product Integration Method.
Your customers want to have several choices, especially when it comes down to paying and pulling money out of their pockets. The way you connect your payment processors can make all the difference in the world and can help keep your customers satisfied by letting them pay the way they want to. Always have in mind that if you keep the payment procedure simple, your conversion rates will rise.
Adding leading payment processors to your funnels will help your business stay ahead in the accelerated changes that happen in the payment marketplace. Hopefully, this article answered your question “Does Clickfunnels integrate with PayPal?” and it put your business on the right path to success.